Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Swap-Choo hankie swap



I recently took part in a swap, a rolled hem hankie swap no less! It was the idea of two lovely blogging ladies, Iris the Crafting Mama Librarian and Peggy, at Skip the Chips and I have to say it was great fun. The tutorial for the hankie's rolled hem technique came from The Purl Bee blog here. I decided, after a lot of mmming and ahhhing, on a pretty Kaffe Fassett fabric, of rose silhouttes in pink and peach, and the hemming was nice to do and not hard at all. Another part of the swap was a surprise, so I added one of my cute felt flower pins, which can be used to pretty up any bag, or jacket. The last part was a poem, because April is National Poetry Month, so I added an apt poem called April Rain by Mathilde Blind, which I wrote on the back of a pretty card I made. I sent it all off to my swap partner last week, I hope she loves it, and when I recieve mine I'll share it with you, I can't wait! What fun!



2 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That looks cool :) Thanks for the compliment on my elements series!

BeadedTail said...

What a fun thing to do! Great bright hankie!