Thursday, April 16, 2009

what I found in the mail today!

So, as you may know from previous posts, I recently took part in a garland swap. I showed you what I sent to the lovely Eileen, and today I'll show you what she sent to me. We had spoken briefly about the swap, and Eileen knew I loved things with a nature theme, so here are pictures of my beautiful nature themed garland, Eileen is very talented indeed, and I am very lucky to be on the receiving end!





Each card was a different design, which makes it really lovely, and all in a truly beautiful color scheme. I have hung it under the railing of the split level, and it looks fantastic! It's going to be there for quite a while I can tell you! This was the first swap I've taken part in, and I highly recommend them, they are truly a win-win! For a start you get a creative idea to think about; then, you have the satisfaction of being creative and making something for someone else; then you send it off expectantly; also, you get to wait for a wonderful surprise in the mail, amongst the bills and junk mail; you then receive a wonderful work of art from someone; but also, you've gained a new creative friend and a new blog to read. Check out Eileens lovely blog here! Lucky, lucky, lucky!









6 comments:

maryeb said...

Wow, that garland is lovely.
And so clever.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That's a beautiful garland! thanks for the compliments on the fun stuff I got in the mail :)

Nuvofelt said...

Beautiful, and what a clever idea.

storybeader said...

looks like a party to me! Very pretty!

Memories for Life said...

Very cool! Love all the different designs :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky ~ I love, love the silver garland you made for me and will be posting it this week! When I opened your package and saw the silvers and grays..oh so perfect. I have hung it in the art nest above my work space.

Thank you so much!! Eileen