Thursday, May 14, 2009

quilting inspiration from KnitKnat -






I haven't made any quilts now for a while, and it's a skill I miss using. Quilts are lovely, comforting, practical things, and a great way of showcasing some of the fantastic fabrics that are out there.
My friend over at Three Dancing Magpies has recently become obsessed with everything quilted, a very lovely crafty lady who taught me how to knit, and is already a really good quilter! In one of her recent blog posts, here, she mentioned making coin quilts, a term I wasn't familiar with. A coin quilt is an extremely pretty patchwork quilt top, that is wonderful for showing off great fabrics, even those with large prints, so you can use all those fabrics that you weren't sure what you could do with, but loved enough to buy a half yard of!
I was browsing through the pages of Etsy today and stumbled upon the lovely shop of KnitKnat, and her quilts are wonderful, one of which is a coin quilt, I have to make one of these for myself! For those of you who don't quilt, or don't want to wait, her quilts are lovely and very affordable. The top one also incorporates a favorite of mine, natural linen, isn't it lovely? I normally do a treasury of a few different Etsians, but Knit Knat was definitely worthy of one all by herself! Happy Thursday!

6 comments:

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

Hi Becky - Thank you so much for featuring my quilts! I have been overwhelmed by the positive response to my work! You can also check out my blog at http://redpepperquilts.blogspot.com to see more of my work. Thanks again, and happy sewing and blogging.

Rita
Red Pepper Quilts

BeadedTail said...

Beautiful quilt! I wouldn't know the first thing about quilting but I do love them!

Three Dancing Magpies said...

LOVE IT! Anyway you could come to quilt with me on a Thursday night at the shop? It is so fun and so inspiring! We could also do a coin quilt together- I have soooooo many scraps to offer up to you! I miss you!

Memories for Life said...

Those are great quilts! And a great way to use scraps it looks like :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

nice quilts! I really like the coin quilt.

TiLT said...

those are fabulous! I'm jumping on the quilt train myself soon - hope they look this good eventually :)