Wednesday, July 15, 2009

♥ day 3 - going to the county fair! ♥


Fair Light 8.3.2006
Originally uploaded by
Notley



Every summer is marked by a trip to the county fair! We actually don't go to ours, but a neighbouring county. I love going, the kid's are still small enough that we can get away with not too many rides, and we tend to stay on the side full of animals and tractors!
The best part of the fair are the snacks, but last year we find slightly better alternatives to our favorites - they make dye-free pure maple syrup cotton candy, and dye-free pure apple slushies, and they are both sooooo delicious!
So, go and revisit your local county fair, and see what's changed, and more importantly, what's not! Enjoy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

look fun!!! :D

Memories for Life said...

I will be at our county fair for the first time in years!
I got asked to be a judge :)

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

I haven't gone to the fair in a couple years - I'll have to see if I can make it this year!

Very Verdant said...

So much fun!!! It has been a few years since I have been to a county fair. Ours is always in the fall.

storybeader said...

I'm wondering what color the cotton candy is.... Haven't eaten that! for a long time!

Becky said...

the maple syrup one is like a very pale creamy brown color, and soooo delicious!

Unknown said...

Reading this post made me miss fairs and carnivals... they are indeed magical, especially through a child's eyes.
And it is great to hear about the health conscious attitude that people are taking!!!
Enjoy your summer!

tamdoll said...

The food! That's my favorite part of the fairs. Would love to see something new at ours - dye-free treats! Now that would be great to see. And maple... you're making me hungry!