Wednesday, January 27, 2010

a fabulous thrifty find

I went and did a little thrift store bargain hunting lately, and came home with an absolute gem! This fantastic crocheted granny square blanket is big enough to cover a queen size bed, and currently resides on top of mine. I love that it has such a dark background, because it really makes the colors pop. Love, love, looove my new blanket! ♥
One day soon I will teach myself to crochet, and start one of my own, can't wait!
Since all the squares are so different, I think this must have been a scrap blanket. All the colors of the rainbow, tied together by the dark background. It works beautifully, so, never throw away your scraps of yarn, because you never know what wonders you can make with them!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome find! I bet it is warm. I also want to learn some needlework... someday :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

What an amazing fine! gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely find!

It amazes me that you can find these at thrifts all over the place around here, and I've picked up many of them for next to nothing...

Emerson Bindery said...

Wow, that's a lucky find! It looks like it's in great shape too!